On a daily basis, negative information that appears online prevents people from getting jobs, advancing in their careers, and building their businesses. Negative online information causes great personal misery and can even tear apart families. The Internet can serve as judge, jury and executioner for practically any person’s reputation. Regardless of whether you did something foolish, are associated with another’s misdeeds, or are the victim of a third party attack, most people are ill prepared for increasingly common online problems.
John P. David represents people and companies facing online issues, and he chronicles their tales in his presentation:
- People do dumb things: A college student’s night on the town goes off the rails and dozens of news stories online now exacerbate his bad decisions. Finding a job more than two years later remains a challenge.
- Sometimes you are associated with negative news: A CEO’s namesake son gets in trouble, causing reputational damage for a century-old family business.
- And then there are victims: Subjects of hate blogs and victims of online complaint sites staredown negative search results for years. Sometimes, lives are ruined.
David has more than 25 years of experience in public relations, and his articles on online reputation management appear in the Huffington Post, PR Daily and other trade outlets.
See a Sample of John Speaking
Fake News Just Got Real
Online Reputation Management Speaker
Stop Taking Pictures of Your Private Parts
Young People and Online Reputation
John honed-in on the key issues of online reputation that impact students but also provided actionable advice for the high-level administrators at our conference. Attendees enjoyed his interesting and colorful examples that offer educational messages for all of us. La Toya Hodge, M.B.A., Assistant Director, Communications and Strategy, Florida Consortium of Metropolitan Research Universities
He was certainly the highlight of the conference. Several of our public relations professionals lucky enough to hear John David speak, gushed over his smart and informative presentation. His content and the experiences he shared were absolutely perfect for this group. Jenny Tomes, Media Conference Chair, Florida Public Relations Association Treasure Coast Chapter
John immediately engaged our group with interesting and personalized anecdotes about online reputation management. He delivers practical advice in an entertaining way, and our members had many questions and comments. We also saw many new faces at our meeting, which is a testament to the timeliness and overall interest in his topic. Susette Andaya-Gomez, President, South Florida Interactive Marketing Association.
“You could hear a pin drop when John was speaking. Our members were rapt.” Grant Miller, Co-Founder, Pinecrest Business Association.
John David quickly grabbed the attention of our group of human resource professionals by offering interesting and sometimes frightening tales of online missteps. Our members enjoyed his thorough presentation which offered practical takeaways and delivered them in an entertaining and humorous fashion. Sven Gade, Programs Director of Human Resource Association of Broward County.
Mr. David provided our students with heartfelt information that, when heeded, will certainly help them lead better online lives. His presentation is fast paced and interesting for students but provides meaningful advice for all ages. Phillip Lloyd Hamilton, M.S.Ed., Director, Outreach & Program Development, Office of Student Access & Success, Florida International University.
John David captivated our conference attendees with both his wit and wisdom, reminding each of us that our lives – and livelihoods – can often depend on our on-line reputations. His thoughtful presentation was spot-on, timely and informative! Mark A. Trowbridge, President & CEO, Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce (View Feedback)
John David offered an educational and entertaining program for the attendees of our annual conference. Our group of seasoned communications professionals learned about the new vulnerabilities of online reputation but also took away concrete strategies that apply to them as well as their employers and clients. Annabel Beyra, Chair of the Sunshine District Conference, Public Relations Society of America
- November 16, 2017 — Florida Public Relations Association, Gainesville, Florida
- September 25-28, 2017 — Inbound 2017, Boston, Mass.
- July 13, 2017 — Orlando, Florida
- June 20, 2017 — International Bowl Expo, Nashville, Tennessee
- June 2, 2017 — Florida Public Relations Media Conference. Fort Pierce, Florida
- May 18, 2017 — Florida Public Relations Association, Tampa, Florida
- May 16, 2017 — Pinecrest Business Association, Miami, Florida
- May 11, 2017 — South Florida Interactive Marketing Association, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- April 6, 2017 — Ragan’s PR and Media Relations Summit, New York, New York
- March 24, 2017 — Florida Consortium of Metropolitan Research Universities, Orlando, Florida
- February 8, 2017 –Human Resource Association of Broward County, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- February 2, 2017 — Florida International University, Miami
- November 20, 2016 — Miami Book Fair International official author presentation
- November 19, 2016 — Miami Book Fair International writer’s row
- November 2, 2016 — Knight Foundation Livecast
- November 1, 2016 — Presentation and book signing at Books & Books, Coral Gables, Florida
- October 25, 2016 — Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- October 3, 2016 — Rotary Club of South Miami
- August 26, 2016 — Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce Goals Conference, Florida (Keynote)
- June 17, 2016 — Public Relations Society of America Sunshine District Conference, Miami. (Breakout)
- June 14, 2016 — Vistage, Miami Lakes, Florida
- How to Protect (Or Destroy) Your Reputation Online in New York Post
- John’s articles in Huffington Post.
- John David interviewed for Miami Book Fair International on Miami Dade College Website
- John David’s interview with Matt Haggman of the Knight Foundation about “How to Protect (Or Destroy) Your Reputation Online”
- John David’s presentation at Books & Books in Coral Gables
- How to Protect (Or Destroy) Your Reputation Online on Marc Bernier Show
- How to Protect (Or Destroy) Your Reputation Online Featured on School for Startups Radio
- VoiceAmerica interview about online reptuation issues.
- John as an “Online Fixer” in PR Daily.
- NPR.org interview.